Overview – UX/UI Designer
Our eCommerce team has an opening for a UX/UI Designer to join our growing, dedicated team, all of whom takes pride in their contributions. This UX/UI Designer is responsible for designing fully responsive experiences for all device types, to lead, solve UX/UI design challenges and to create best-in-class user experiences. The individual will translate high-level business requirements into design wireframes showcasing intuitive and functional user experiences and pixel-perfect designs.
This is a hybrid position located in Dedham, MA; working 2-3 days in the office.
How you will contribute:
- The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and creative designs, and a working understanding of contemporary coding methods to marry the two.
- Create innovative and clean design concepts using our style guide and industry best practices to enhance .com functionality and the overall user experience.
- Demonstrate a working understanding of contemporary front-end coding and CMS structure to blend design concepts and development frameworks.
- Deliver pixel-perfect design comps for multiple breakpoints to ensure the best UX across various browsers and device types.
- Adhere to ADA & WCAG standards and maintain an in-depth understanding of company and industry methodologies, best practices, and recent studies/findings that promote best-in-class accessible design experiences.
- Conduct competitive research and execute on all phases of the design process including wireframing concepts/mockups, collaborating with the creative team, and the transition to the development and QA phases.
- Proactively identify and suggest solutions to resolve user experience challenges and friction points and develop technical and business requirements that deliver intuitive and user-centric solutions.
- Work closely with stakeholder teams during design and development phases to achieve project goals and deadlines.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects and deliverables concurrently and efficiently.
- Participate in the eCommerce roadmap planning process to identify opportunities and emerging trends.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Marketing, Communications, or related discipline
- 2-4 years of experience in responsive web design/web development technologies with eCommerce experience
- Advanced proficiency with Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator and/or other design tools
- Proficiency in building cross-browser and cross-device responsive interfaces
- Solid understanding of web browser functionality across multiple platforms
- Experience with code repository tools and concepts such as GitHub
- Portfolio demonstrating clean, intuitive, and functional UX design
- Knowledge of web analytics and qualitative data to inform design
- Excellent communication, presentation and analytical skills, including the ability to communicate design concepts clearly and persuasively to various audiences
Happy, healthy employees are our goal, and our benefits help J-Team members balance physical, financial, professional, social and emotional well-being. If you’re ready to make a difference in your career, we are interested in speaking with you!