Simply Business is more than our name. It’s how we approach insurance: Make it clear. Make it simple. Make it affordable. By combining exceptional talent, technology, data, and knowledge, Simply Business is the go-to online insurance brokerage that protects small businesses and the entrepreneurs who work hard to build them.
We want team members who have the drive to challenge boundaries. If you’re smart and passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior User Researcher to help us redefine how insurance works for the entrepreneurs and small business owners who are the lifeblood of the UK and US economies.
You’ll lead research within a cross-functional product team focused on attracting customers to our global platform which already provides clear, simple, affordable insurance to hundreds of small businesses and landlords.
Sitting in our talented Customer Experience Team you will have the support of teammates skilled in user research, customer insight, behavioral science and product design.
You should apply if:
- You are used to having full ownership of user research – plan, conduct, communicate – using appropriate methodologies (generative, exploratory, evaluative) in an iterative, agile business environment, and are comfortable moving at pace.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience designing and conducting user research that has had an impact. We expect to hear stories of how your research influenced product roadmaps and informed design decisions.”
- You are at your best when you collaborate with a product team as an embedded user researcher on the design of useful, usable, accessible, and desirable products and user experiences.
- You have a passion for accessibility and usability and can demonstrate how you have run inclusive user research in the past. You have solid experience and knowledge of current trends, techniques and developments in the field of web accessibility.
- You communicate findings and recommendations clearly to key stakeholders and the broader business, balancing user and business needs.
- You advocate for ‘customer-driven development’ – co-creating with customers and having the humility to work with them to identify the most important problems and develop solutions with them.
- You regularly contribute to the design and execution of other experiments in the product team (for example, A/B tests).
- You promote user research and accessibility best practices in product development by educating others about methods and identifying opportunities for further research.
What are the benefits?
Here are some of the great benefits and perks that come from being a Simply Business employee:
• A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy, and the market we’re in from your first day
• Group plan for medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage
• Short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance coverage
• Participation in the Company’s bonus program
• Participation in 401(k) plan with a 5% employer match
• Commuter benefits to help cut down on parking and public transit costs
• 25 days of vacation time plus 10 sick days and 10 company holidays
• A genuine investment in your learning and development
• Annual company trip, regular outings, and volunteer opportunities
• An awesome WeWork office with cold brew coffee and other beverages on tap, local pop-up events, and more
Simply Business is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to welcoming and helping to grow employees within an inclusive & diverse culture. And that commitment starts with our interview process.
Once you apply, your info will be reviewed in a committee with employees from different levels, teams, and experiences. We pride ourselves on fostering a sense of community, which is only made stronger by each individual at SB, so you’ll have the opportunity to meet a variety of people throughout the process. Get excited!
Want more info on working at Simply Business? Check out our careers page: https://www.simplybusiness.com/careers/
What’s going on with work from home and return to the office?
More and more, people are talking about going back to the workplace and the new normal. At Simply Business, we’re thinking of it as a Better Normal. That means offering our SBers more choice and greater flexibility to work in a way that’s best for their particular job, their teams, and their lives.
We’re shifting to a hybrid working model, so we’ll have employees working virtually and in the office at any given time.
We’re also aware there are times when working together in person is the best way to get things done. We expect our SBers to connect in their hubs (that’s what we call our offices) most likely once every few weeks. That said, there’s no one-size-fits-all solution, so we expect all SBers and their teams will find the operating rhythm that works best for them.
If you’re wondering what it might be like for you at Simply Business, our Talent Acquisition is happy to answer any questions. In fact for them, it’s perfectly normal.
Most of our interviews will still take place over Zoom (however, depending on the role, there may be the opportunity/expectation to meet members of the team in-person). If it looks like you could be a good fit for the role, we’ll ask you to interview on Zoom – you’ll need WiFi and a laptop, or a 4G-enabled smartphone. If you don’t have access to either of these, or you need support with your application, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Similarly, please email us with any questions or if you want to pause your application for a bit – we’ll be happy to keep you updated on future opportunities like the one above.