Join UXPA Boston for our monthly meeting at Fieldwork Boston for a presentation by GfK and Fieldwork Boston.
Testing Medical Devices – a hands-on experience
If you’re curious about user experience testing of medical devices, join GfK UX and Fieldwork Boston for a hands-on demonstration. GfK is a leader in both formative and validation testing of medical devices, partnering with market leaders to drive safe and effective use. At our testing facilities worldwide, including Fieldwork Boston, we recreate settings such as labs, ICU rooms, and pharmacies to run studies with targeted groups. We’ll include tips into what it takes to meet regulatory requirements.
Our plan is to set up a room and run two short demonstration tests. If you’re lucky, you can participate as a patient, healthcare provider or caregiver, or observe and try out notetaking. Or just listen and watch. Our goal is to give you insight into what is involved in medical device testing, the opportunity to ask questions and try it out. Members of GfK’s User Experience and Market Access teams will be on hand to answer questions.
Monica DeBold, GfK
Monica is one of GfK’s leading practitioners in medical device testing. She joined GfK UX to pursue her desire to improve the patient experience, through research that impacts people’s lives. She is particularly interested in therapeutic best practice procedures in the area of clinical biofeedback.
With a background in qualitative research, psychology, biology and statistics, Monica provides clients with actionable insights in all of her work including both small-scale usability and large-scale medical validation studies. Monica has a B.S. in Psychology from Truman State University with concentrations in biological psychology and statistical methods
Christine Lally, Boston Fieldwork
Christine has 15+ years of facility experience which led to her promotion as President in 2016. She saw through the transformation of Boston’s Fieldwork facility into a world class lab in the Northeast region. A lifelong Bostonian, Christine attended Bentley University in Waltham, where she graduated with a BSc in Management.
- 6:30-7 PM – Networking and Refreshments (food will be served)
- 7-7:15 PM – Introductions
- 7:15-8:15PM – Presentation
- 8:15PM – Q&A
GfK User Experience
At GfK we turn market and UX research into smart business decisions. We’re a global organization of market research experts, data scientists and user experience practitioners with our US UX offices in Boston, New York, Chicago and San Francisco, working with GfK Global UX worldwide.
Fieldwork has been a leader in world-class market research services and facilities for over 35 years, with facilities across the USA.
Location and directions to Fieldwork Boston
880 Winter Street, Suite 330, Waltham, Massachusetts 02451
P. 781.899.3660 – F. 781.893.5574
What Google Maps doesn’t tell you…
- Take exit 27B towards Winter St.
- Once you exit Take the multiple exit 27A/B and continue on to take exit 27B towards Winter St.
- At the first set of lights, take a right.
- You will pass the Holiday Inn on your left.
- Take your first right, following signs for Winter Street – West – you will cross a bridge.
After exiting the highway
- Stay straight following signs for Winter Street.
- You will pass the Reservoir on your right side.
- You will pass a sign for AstraZeneca on your left – we are the next left after this sign.
- Take a left when you see signs for Waltham Woods Corporate Center and Healthpoint.
- If you see the sign for Bay Colony, you have gone too far!
Once you are in the Waltham Woods Complex
- Continue up the hill, following signs for 880 Winter St.
- Take a left at the sign for 880 Winter St.
- You will see the following sign for ACI, Raytheon and Patient Keeper. This is our building.
- There is Visitor Parking (labeled Visitor Parking) in front, as well as additional parking behind the building.
- Take the elevator to the 3rd floor and take a right. The stairs do not go to the 3rd floor. We are located in Suite 330.
Please login into Eventbrite to cancel your RSVP.
Code of Conduct