UPA Boston invites you to our January monthly meeting on Wednesday, January 27th at Fidelity‘s offices in downtown Boston. Colleen Roller, Fidelity Senior Usability Specialist, will present:
“Beyond Usability: Designing for Persuasion”
**RSVP by reserving your spot below:**
We hope you will join us!
— Margy and the UPA Boston Board
245 Summer Street, 14th floor
Boston, MA 02111
Wednesday, January 27th, 2009
7:00-9:00pm Presentation and Q&A, wrap-up
As UI Designers and Usability Specialists, we create interaction solutions where we want people to “take action”. When we do our job well, the solutions we deliver are elegant and user friendly. BUT:
- Will that elegant and usable design drive the kind of behavior you’re hoping for?
- Will it drive the revenue stream that your business partners are expecting?
We need to see ourselves as designers of decision-making spaces, and to realize that just because our customers can take action doesn’t mean they will. If we’re going to design effective decision-making spaces, we’ve got to know something about how people make decisions.
In this presentation, we’ll look at:
- Concepts and principles that draw from research in the fields of behavioral economics, neuroscience, and the study of influence and persuasion.
- How these principles and concepts can be directly applied to UI Design.
The presentation will help you better understand how human beings function in a complex world where you compete for their attention and business.
Colleen Roller has over fifteen years of experience in UI Design, Usability and Instructional Design. She currently works at Fidelity Investments as a Senior Usability Specialist. She is forever fascinated by the workings of the human mind, and with the art and science of designing for human beings.
- Take Red, Silver, or Commuter Rail Lines to South Station
- Southeast on Summer St toward Children’s Museum and Fort Point Channel
- We’re right next to South Station