- Monthly Meetings: 2021- ; Board Member: 2021–
- Board & Volunteers, Board Members
- firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Hello, I am Adriana. I’m a lead designer at Wayfair with a passion for telling stories about design, humans & technology. When I am not creating delightful products & experiences, I’m drawing and sketching. Originally from Colombia, came to the United States for the first time back in 2011 to start my Master studies in Design Management from KU. In Kansas I got to meet several UXPA KC members. Our family moved to Boston January last year, and I’ve been looking for opportunities to connect with the UX community here. I attended a couple of events in the last year and our Wayfair Design team is always looking for ways to contribute to the community.
Why do you want to join the UXPA Boston Board?
I would love to contribute to the UXPA Boston Board with event organization and promotional materials. Boston has been so kind to me, my family and my colleagues, that I would love to give back doing something I believe I am really good at. Since I can remember I have always been involved in designing for events, promoting over social media and helping others to connect.
Previous volunteer experience
While I was studying at KU:
– I joined the KU International Student Association as Public Relations officer, and helped with organizing and designing poster for events.
– I was also elected President of the KU Fulbright Association, a group that was created to support Fulbright Scholars attending to KU. I was one of them during this time.
– In Kansas City, I contributed to different volunteer activities with my company at the time. One that I really enjoyed was Lead to Read KC. Where I volunteered to read to one student for an hour every week. I started this at my company and got more than 15 co-workers to sign up in my second year.
In Boston, I had the chance to contribute to Make a Mark Boston last year, where I helped design the website for Moms as Mentors Program.