One of the easiest ways for companies to promote our organization is to provide space for one of our monthly meetings. Hosts usually provide a venue, food for the attendees, and the speaker(s). If you have a speaker in mind, fill in the form below, and if you don’t have a speaker in mind, we’ll be happy to match you with one.
For more details, contact our Events Coordinator.
- Meetings usually center around networking and a talk or demo. But we entertain any / all ideas.
- Meetings generally occur on a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday mid-month. But this is flexible.
- Hosts often present. But we can also connect presenters without “homes” with host venues.
- In the past, host venues have provided light refreshments. But we can certainly work with folks if cost is a concern.
- We’re a non-profit 501c6, so any food expenses incurred are fully tax deductible.
- We do not accept sales pitches for the monthly meeting format. However, vendors are welcome to obtain a table at our annual conference, and/or offer a promotion to our membership.
- 5:30-6:00pm – UXPA Boston volunteers arrive to help with set-up/greeting
- 6:00-7:00pm – Member arrival/Refreshments/Networking.
- 7:00-8:30pm – Brief UXPA Boston announcements, followed by presentation.
- 8:30-9:00pm – Wrap-Up
How many people can I expect to show up?
For the past few months, we have had an RSVP rate of about 100 for most of our meetings. You can expect a show rate of about 60%. If you have a smaller venue, we can restrict the number of attendees.
Do I have to provide food?
No, but it really helps. If you absolutely cannot sponsor food, we can find alternatives. Since our meetings start at 6pm, most attendees arrive hungry and feeding them makes them much more receptive to what you have to say. When ordering food, a ballpark is to order 1.5 slices of pizza/person and a 2 litre soda/drink per 8 people. We recommend that hosts also order a large catering salad, and offer water in addition to soda.
Do I need to be in Boston to host?
No, but you should be within a reasonable distance of the Boston Metro area. Our members especially appreciate free parking and/or access to public transportation.
How far in advance do I need to plan my event?
It depends – sometimes we are booked up for a few months in advance – at other times we have empty slots available in our schedule. We usually start marketing the event about a month in advance, so that’s when you should have your venue nailed down, and your talk description and any logistical info (e.g. parking) ready. In short, let us know as soon as you know you want to host an event, and we will work something out. Check the Boston Interactions calendar when setting a date to avoid conflicts with similar events.
How will you market my event?
We will market your event to our membership email list, through our website, through the Boston Interactions Calendar, and in whatever way makes sense! You are free to forward your event to friends/associates/mailing lists, but please don’t spam! It makes us look bad.
Will you co-sponsor/collaborate on an event?
Absolutely. We love to do events that cross disciplines and allow us to mingle with designers, techies and marketers.