Fidelity Investments presents:
UPA Boston invites you to celebrate World Usability Day @ MIT!
Join us for the 5th annual World Usability Day this Thursday, November 12th, 2009. World Usability Day is a global, public event to raise awareness of usability and user-centered design.
This year’s theme is “Designing for a Sustainable World”. How can usability help us make sustainable choices and promote sustainability as a lifestyle – making it the norm rather than the exception?
This year, more than 225 events will be organized in over 175 cities around the world to raise awareness on the benefits of usability engineering, user centered design, and sustainability. Everyone has the right to have products and services in their lives that work better! More about World Usability Day…
Designing for a Sustainable Future: What’s Your Mark?
Participate in day-time activities that explore the questions below — and/or join in the conversation at MIT in the evening. Everything you do leaves a mark given your daily choices. What’s your mark?
- 10AM – 2PM: Activities at South Station, Boston (no RSVP needed)
- 4PM – 7PM: Conversation & light refreshments at MIT Stata Center, R&D Commons, 32 Vassar Street, Cambridge. **RSVP here to reserve your spot at MIT**
Questions and topics explored:
* How decisions we make about food affect our food system?
* How usable is our public transportation, and what are our alternatives?
* How do we balance usability and sustainability in healthcare?
* How can recycling reduce waste and inspire art?
* What’s your 3R (reduce, reuse, recycle) story?
We welcome anyone who values or is curious about the importance of usability and user centered design in development of sustainable products and services. We look forward to seeing you!
— Organized by the Usability Professionals’ Association, Boston Chapter Volunteers
MIT Event Details
Thursday, November 12th – 4-7pm
MIT’s R&D Pub and Commons @ the Stata Center, 32 Vassar St, Cambridge, MA 02139
Take the M.B.T.A.’s Red Line subway to Kendall station. The Stata Center is about 3 blocks down Main Street, heading towards Cambridge at the corner of Vassar and Main Street.
UPA Boston Chapter wishes to acknowledge and thank its event sponors for their generous support: