Welcome to the second annual UX Fair, an afternoon jam-packed with UX goodness.
This event is targeted at students, career changers, and UX professionals who want to network with others.
We’ll have thought leaders on hand to provide mentoring and food for UX thought throughout the afternoon. Stop by for a chance to hobnob with UX unicorns and other celebrities.
- 1:30pm Welcome/Opening Keynote
- 2pm-3pm Mentoring Panel
- 3pm-4:00pm 2 Table Topic Discussions/Author Roundtables
- 4pm Coffee (+snack) Break
- 4:15pm-5pm Group Mentoring
- 5pm-6pm Speed Networking, Recruiting, Book Signings, Book Swap
- 6:15pm+ Happy Hour at Mead Hall
- Don’t forget your ID! The NERD center will NOT admit you without a photo ID.
- No need to bring a printed ticket – we’ll have electronic checkin available.
- Coffee and snacks will be provided during the afternoon break.
- No refunds after November 9th, but you can transfer your ticket to a friend or coworker using Eventbrite.
Does your UX knowledge go up to 11? Share your wisdom. Sign up here.
Find out how we’ll support your efforts throughout the event.
Bring at least one book if you’d like to participate in the swap. All UX or technology books are welcome.
Who will be there?
Just a few of our closest UX friends, including authors of these books (stay tuned for full list of mentors).
Participating Mentors & Leaders (in no particular order)
- Deborah Mayhew, Independent Consultant at Deborah J. Mayhew & Associates, Author
- Bill Albert, Director at Bentley Design and Usability Center, Author
- Marjorie Otterson, Design Director
- C Todd Lombardo, Innovation Architect at Constant Contact’s Innovation Loft, Author
- Diana Brown, Sr. Principal UX Designer, Author
- Matt Belge, Principal at Vision & Logic LLC
- AdamConrad, UX Lead Developer at CoachUp
- Warren Croce, Principal UX Designer at Gazelle
- Shelby Staab, UX Designer/Engineer at Velir
- Orpha Rivera, UX/UI Consultant
- Mary Lee, Senior Usability Engineer at NetApp
- Krista Siniscarco, Associate Director, UX Strategy at BEAM Interactive
- Brodie Rich, Director, UX Design at BEAM Interactive
- Brian Yoder, VP Director, UX Strategy at BEAM Interactive
- Ron Perkins, Principal/ Owner at Design Perspectives
- Tania Schlatter, Principal/adjunct faculty at Northeastern University
- Lena Dmitrieva, Senior Usability Consultant at Bentley University
- Zarla Ludin, Experience Researcher at twig+fish research practice
- Meena Kothandaraman, Customer Experience Strategist at twig+fish
- Deb Biggar, Managing Director, UX Consultant at Boston Human Factors, Inc., Author
- David Evans, Associate Director UX at Vistaprint
- Katherine Jacquet, UX Manager at EF
- Stev Krug, Usability Consultant at Advanced Common Sense, Author
- DebraMichalides, X Industry Consultant at DebraDesign.com / Aquent
- AstridChow, Senior UX Mobile Designer at CVS Health
- Margot Bloomstein, Brand and content strategist, Principa at Appropriate, Inc., Author
- Christopher Laroche, UX Consultant at MIT, Lecturer at Northestern University
- Bob Thomas, Director UX, Liberty Mutual
- Rob Fitzgibbon, Digital Bungalow, UXPA Boston Board Member
- Dharmesh Mistry, Web UX Consultant at Liberty Mutual, UXPA Boston Board Member
- Fiona Tranquada, Senior UX Specialist, The Mathworks, UXPA Boston Secretary, Author
- Eva Kaniasty, UX Consultant at Red Pill UX, UXPA Boston President
UX Fair is a World Usability Day event.