Welcome to the fifth annual UX Fair, an afternoon jam-packed with UX goodness. This event is for students, career changers, and UX professionals new to the field who want to network with others. We will have thought leaders on hand to provide mentoring and career guidance throughout the afternoon. Stop by for a chance to hobnob with UX unicorns and other celebrities.
- Sign up to be a mentor and get free admission
- Sign up to sponsor the UX Fair if you are a recruiter or vendor
- Sign up to volunteer and get free admission.
- Microsoft NERD Center: Horace Mann, Sampson and Paul Conference Rooms, 1 Memorial Drive, Cambridge, MA
- 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.: Registration
- 1:00 – 1:45 p.m.: Welcome and Keynote Speech from Mary Ann Brody
- 2:00 – 2:45 p.m.: Career Development Panel
- 2:45 – 3:45 p.m.: Presentation by Jen McGinn: How to Design your Resume and Craft a Portfolio
- 3:45 – 4:15 p.m.: Coffee / Snacks
- 4:15 – 5:15 p.m.: Group Mentoring (“New to UX/Career Changers” or “Career Development”)
- 5:15 – 6:00 p.m.: Career Networking, Open Networking, Book Swap
- Mary Ann Brody is a user experience leader who helps teams tap into their natural curiosities and brings an empathetic approach to technical work. She is currently leading design research and consumer product development at Devoted Health. Prior to working at Devoted Health, Mary Ann served as a member of President Obama’s United States Digital Service (USDS), where she helped to help make government services easier for all Americans to access and use. At USDS, she built a user research team to support the Veteran-centered design and development of Vets.gov. Mary Ann has a Masters in Public Health from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
- No need to bring a printed ticket – we will have electronic check-in available.
- Coffee and snacks will be provided during the afternoon break.
- No refunds after November 7th, but you can transfer your ticket to a friend or co-worker using Eventbrite.
Find out how we will support your efforts throughout the event.
Bring at least one book if you would like to participate in the swap. All UX or technology books are welcome. Book swap participants will get first pick.
UX Fair is a World Usability Day event.